Geography: Cultural Geography
Geography: Cultural Geography (M.A.)
Study program close to research, project-oriented and practice-relevant! In the Master’s degree program in Cultural Geography, we explore socially produced life worlds of the present – cultural geographies
What is the degree program about?
The MA Cultural Geography in Erlangen is research-oriented – you will be involved in ongoing research projects. We attach great importance to the fact that you study independently and in a project-oriented manner – and thus train competencies that qualify you for practice in all those professional fields in which it is important to work independently on complex bodies of knowledge and problem areas.
In the MA Cultural Geography you will deal with topics of high social relevance – for example:
- How can socio-spatial inequalities be explained and how can (spatial) justice be grasped in this context?
- How are global networks created in a globalized world and at the same time new identities and territories demarcated?
- How does digitalization change what we know about the world and how we live in the world?
- Against the backdrop of planetary environmental crises, how can societal-environmental relations be reconceptualized and reshaped?
- How can the development of cities and regions be organized as transformations towards sustainability?
Do you need help or more information?
Our Student Advice and Career Service (IBZ) is the central point of contact for all questions about studying and starting a degree programme. Our Student Service Centres and subject advisors support you in planning your studies.